At Friends House, there’s always something exciting happening. Give us a call today to schedule a tour or find out about all our upcoming events.
Walk and Roll, May 15, 2021
On May 15, 2021, at 10:00 am, Friends House Retirement Community, Inc. will host our first Walk and Roll event. The Friends House Retirement Community, “Walk and Roll” will be held here on the Friends House campus grounds. Participants will have the option of 3 paths, each designed for their comfort zone.
- One very short loop around the front entrance circle for anyone in a walker or wheel chair desiring to participate with a short walk or roll.
- The second course will loop around our campus using the main paved road. The loop is nearly one mile and a very comfortable walk or roll.
- Our third path is a trail walk through wooded paths. (Not recommended for a participant needing assistance)
Each of the courses will begin and end at the main entrance of Friends House Administration Building.
The proceeds of this event will go to the Friends House Residents Fund. This fund helps some of our residents with food assistance, transportation, and unforeseen bills. Every donation helps.
Additional Fun will include:
- The garden committee is getting in the spring spirit with a plant sale. Various plants will be available for purchase. Friends House has an active Garden Committee and several of its members will be available for tours of the garden grounds.
- The Elephant Thrift Shop will also be open with special goodies for walkers and friends to purchase.
Food and Drinks will be available. Families are encouraged to walk together.
There is no fee to participate in the Walk and Roll, BUT participants must be registered. Please register, Its EASY. Click here. Participants will be seeking sponsors, both big and small. Click here if you want to support a friend or make a donation.
Feel free to call with any questions. Anne Derby 301-924-4190.
Please be prepared, this is a COVID compliant event. Masks are required.